Lovers Day + Chocolate Mousse
Happy Lovers Day
+ My Super Simple Chocolate Mousse Recipe!
For all of those that despise V-Day and the commercialism that surrounds it, we decided to keep the 14th of Feb as a day for self love or to spoil your friends a family with the gift of delicious & nutritious chocolate mousse recipe that is a staple in our kitchen.
You will need:
* 2 ripe avocados (they must be perfectly ready to eat),
* 1/2 cup of raw cacao,
* 1/2 cup of a good quality organic maple syrup (or your choice of sweetener), &
* 1 tsp of vanilla paste or good quality extract.
Add all ingredients into your blender and mix on a high speed for 30 seconds until it is well combined and smooth.
Spoon into approx 4 individual bowls and refrigerate for a minimum of 1hr.
Best served with fresh berries for an extra antioxidant boost.
* Depending on what machine you use, you may need to stop and scrape down the sides to ensure an even mixture.
* I often add in a protein powder if I feel it needs to pack an extra punch, or I have even added in a greens powder (such as Vital Greens), but beware this can change the colour of the end result.
* Feel free to add in some coconut milk if you prefer a runnier mousse OR
* Add in some coconut oil to have a firmer mousse.
* This also makes a delicious cake icing too, it’s extremely adaptable – hence why it’s a staple here!
Enjoy x 😉